Friday, November 27, 2015

15 must-have fall shoes

Happy Thanksgiving, loves! I hope you enjoyed your turkey day, celebrated all we have to be thankful for in our lives, and stuffed yourself so full of food that your pants needed to be unbuttoned and unzipped towards the end of dinner.

IT'S ALMOST DECEMBER GUYS. Prepare for many favorites post. You're going to get sick of them. Prepare for many holiday themes and items. Loving Christmas runs in my family, and we start getting excited well before Thanksgiving. The fact that you haven't seen these posts yet is just me having decent self-control and holding back. But really, all day long all I think is Christmas. I set up my baby tree and stockings the day after Halloween, and Fitz went to town and started eating the leaves...thanks, bud. Have fun poopin' out fake pine. My grandma starts Christmas shopping in September, and is done before Thanksgiving. She keeps a detailed journal of all she bought and the prices on everything, so she can keep everyone even, most adorable woman I've ever met. Okay, enough about my crazy Christmas family.

Now that a new season is approaching, the sandals go away in a box in the back of the closet, and some new styles of shoes need to make their way onto the shoe rack. There are some new fall shoe styles that I'm loving right now, so I thought I'd put together a little guide of 5 heels, 5 flats, and 5 boot must-haves for this season!


1. Sole Society Maia // Loafers are a major essential for this fall. They are the step up from flats. They make any outfit classy, and there are some super chic ones from Sole Society and Nine West especially. I'm a sucker for pointed toe flats, black patent ones are so chic and classy with a pair of black capri slacks, but these burgundy ones from Sole Society really caught my eye. They would dress up a pair of cuffed jeans with a cream blouse for the holidays perfectly.

2. Steve Madden LeCrew // Lace-up flats have been blogger fantasy for awhile now, and there are finally some affordable styles from Steve Madden and Topshop in both neutral and bold colors. I love the suede ones from Steve Madden. Black goes with everything, suede is such a comfortable material, and finding sprays to rain-proof the material is super easy. They look ballet-esque paired with a chiffon dress, or you can pair them with cuffed jeans and a boyfriend blazer for an effortless look.

3. Steve Madden Ecentrcq // A pair of simple, comfortable sneakers for errand days are a wardrobe must. These leather quilted sneakers from Steve Madden look super stylish, but are comfortable and can be worn with a really casual outfit to stroll through Target or the grocery store on any given day.

4. Sole Society Cammila // Like I said, sucker for pointed toe loafers. But, also a sucker for glitter. Put those together and man am I sold. For the holidays (okay let's be honest, glitter is excusable at any point or season), you have to have something, anything, glittery in your closet. 

5. Madewell Mira // If you guys follow my Instagram account, you know that I posted these Madewell flats on my page about a week back. They are probably the most chic shoes I own. The slanted cut on the front of the shoe is beautiful on the foot, and the suede and build of the shoe just feels luxurious. They are classy with any look, and they're just so beautiful I can't get over them. Sole Society recently started carrying this similar model in black and bright indigo, and everything on the site is 30% till the end of tonight! Imagine the deals on Cyber Monday...


1. Sole Society Ayla // Another one of my classic favorites is a simple suede heel with an ankle strap. Ankle straps are great because they make heels 1000x easier to walk in. They look even classier in a mid-heel height like the Ayla from Sole Society. The ones in my closet are in this beautiful hunter green shade, which is perfect for the holidays. If you are a shorter figure, try sticking with thin ankle straps like these, because thicker ankle straps can really cut off your legs and make you look shorter.

2. Steve Madden Kissses // An essential from summer to fall to winter to spring is a classic nude heel. I have worn my nude heels for almost every job interview I've had. They go with everything, and they're great for when a different piece of your outfit needs to make the statement. Nude heels are great in leather and suede.

3. Sole Society Mallory // T-strap heels are more of a sexy style of shoe, especially in a deep red like this one. They look stunning with dresses and skirts. Red is one of my favorite colors; these Mallory heels from Sole Society are gorgeous.

4. Sole Society Chels // Another must-have for fall is a plaid heel. Sole Society has multiple styles of heels that come in plaid with red and black, deep green, and navy, and they're all amazing. The plaid styles are unique and add a big statement to a simple outfit. I have these ones on in a post from a few days ago!

5. Aldo Sorbara // Similar to the ankle strap favorites of mine, ankle-tie heels are a new favorite. The nice thing about ankle tie heels is that those with very narrow ankles sometimes have issues with the ankle straps not fitting quite the way it should, so ankle tie heels are a perfect solution. The tie adds a pretty element to the shoe as well. These ones from Aldo come in a gorgeous bordeaux suede, it's as a dark as burgundy can get without being pure black, and they're stunning. Good luck buying any of their shoes before tonight though, they have a waiting list to even get on the site today because everything is 50% off!


1. Sperry Saltwater // Last season, the duck boot trend was released with all the craze over the 'bean boots' from L.L. Bean. They sold out crazy fast. I was so excited to see Sperry had some, because their shoes are always unbelievably comfortable. Mine are burgundy on the bottom, and the fabric part of the boot is a light tan. They're so cute with tucked in skinnies and some scrunched crew socks peeking out. The best part? Rainproof, and fleece inside, so no need to double up socks to keep your feet warm.

2. Aldo Barra // Over-the-knee socks have been a big trend for awhile, and I've never quite found a way to pull them off. I'm also insanely picky about tall boots. They have to work just right with the right jeans, right socks, and they have to flatter your calves, fit them right, and flatter your thighs. I've had the hardest time finding boots that flatter me in these ways. When I was looking through some of my favorite bloggers at the start of fall, I saw them wearing these stunning boots that covered the knee and tied in the back of thigh. Before buying, I had to take measurements and do price checks all around because they're pretty spendy, and they have to fit your thigh well. All the bloggers were wearing was Stuart Weitzman, $700+, not quite my price range! I found a pair on Aldo's website that were extremely similar (I got mine in taupe), and had overall great reviews. Remember to shop the sales and coupons on retailmenot.com. Also, first shop at Aldo.com is 15% off with your email. These boots are amazing quality, and the fit is so flattering. They do run very narrow (which is great for me since I have very narrow feet, but I'd recommend to size up if you have wider feet).

3. Hunter Original // Living in Seattle, there are some popular trends - Hunters, North Face vests, white converse, and military jackets. 90% of female students on campus will be wearing at least 2 of these things around campus in fall, don't trust my statistics by the way ;) Hunters are great, comfortable, stylish rain boots. They now come in adjustable calf sizes, and a lot of colors. They are spendy, but well worth the price. I got mine for Christmas a couple years ago and wear mine all through the fall. They only come in half sizes, so I recommend sizing up to wear wellies inside for extra warmth. My favorite ones are the matte black pair.

4. Sole Society Lyriq // Having a thick-heeled casual bootie for days out to lunch with the girls is another closet essential. These ones from Sole Society are suede and come in tan, army green, and navy. I love the navy and army green because they are a little different, but they still pair well with everything. They look great with casual dresses, or vests and cuffed jeans.

5. TopShop 'Basing' Chelsea // If you need to limit yourself to one fall shoe purchase, buy yourself some chelsea boots. I wear my chelsea boots more than any shoe in my closet! I put Superfeet in the bottoms for extra comfort and wear with some patterned cozy crew socks with some cuffed jeans. I have a pair in brown with a pull-tab on the back that make them easy to put on, and they're super casual. I also have this black leather pair from Topshop that are more on the dressy side. Leather booties are great for when you need to pack in some thick socks or toe warmers secretly to keep your tootsies nice and warm during the fall, but when you still need to dress an outfit up a bit.

What are your must-have fall shoe styles? Where is your favorite place to shop for shoes? What shoes are you going to be rocking during the holiday season this year? I'd love to hear your faves below!


4 comments:

  1. Fall is almost here and it's time to hit the stores and revamp your shoe collection. To make sure your strutting your stuff in the hottest shoes this season here are a few styles that you'll need to be adding to your closet if they aren't already there.You can visit our site If you want Shoes for Narrow Feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is said that the shoes you wear uncovers your identity. So you are required to choose a couple of shoes with some give it a second thought. Mostly shoes can be partitioned into two classes; the instant shoes and the handcrafted ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see your activity its really great i am so glad to see this .
    i always take interest in this types of blogs for getting information .you have great image i need more ideas and videos about ballet. most comfortable slippers for hard floors

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've found that the New Balance 1540V2 help my knee pain.
    Here's a short list I've found online that helped me a lot recurve bow review & winter boots

    ReplyDelete