Wednesday, November 11, 2015

November un-birchboxing

Loves! I got my November Birchbox yesterday! And I seriously already tried everything just because I was so excited to post a review on the blog. I peeked at what was in my box about a week ago since Birchbox does that online now (which I know I shouldn't peek, but it's way too tempting not to). I was already excited about a couple things I was getting (and a little confused about a couple). So, let's un-birchbox!

The boxes this month are so cute. It's actually ridiculous. They're a teal-grey floral print with a gold Birchbox logo. Can't wait to upcycle this one!


As you know, Birchbox does a little theme card inside the box. The theme this month was pampering. The card reads "HI THERE, The holiday festivities are on the horizon, and there's a chill in the air - what better reasons to spend a little more time pampering and polishing? Indulgence can take many forms: sometimes it's sinking into a bubble bath with a great book, other times it's grabbing a girlfriend for a manicure date on a Sunday afternoon. This month is all about making space for those moments. Slather on that luxe face mask, try out that new hairstyle for date night, and head into the most wonderful (and hectic) season feeling like your best. Happy November! Team Birchbox" 

I really love the theme they did this month, and pamper products like creams and masks are super essential for this skin drying time of year too. I feel like they did a great job sticking to the theme with their product samples too.


As per usual, the back of the theme card includes a list of all samples I received with descriptions and their full-size value.


I pulled back the beautiful deep purple tissue and found...


The samples

1. BioRepublic Skincare - Aloe Revitalizing Fiber Sheet Mask // "Hydrating, aloe-packed fiber face mask perfect for refreshing skin after time in the sun".

You guys know that I love face masks, but in all honesty, the sheet ones really freak me out. I find that they are uncomfortable, and my skin never absorbs all the excess. This one is nice because it's obviously packed with nutrients, the mask in the package feels extremely heavy because of it. The idea is to leave the sheet mask on your face for 15-20 minutes, it is supposed to fit the contours of your face with it's shape, and when done, you rub all the excess into your skin. As soon as I opened this one up, the natural smell flooded my nose and the smell was overwhelmingly lovely. I was surprised at how heavy the mask was when I pulled it out of the package. It does seem that you need to be delicate unfolding the mask, as not to tear or rip the sheet. I applied starting with my forehead, and gently pressed it onto my skin. I was more careful on the smaller areas like my nose, under my nose, and my chin, to make sure the mask touched all those areas. I was pleasantly surprised by how the mask stuck and felt on my skin. It was very easy to apply, and it felt like a cooling treatment on my face. If you like sheet masks, you'll definitely like this one! I can imagine this mask feeling incredible after a day in the sun. My momma would love this, she loves sheet masks, we tried one together a few months ago for a girls night while we watched Bachelor in Paradise. Needless to say my dad came home from work and got quite a kick out of us...


2. LOC - Vibrant Matte Lipstick in Wildest Dreams // "From Birchbox's new brand. A soft, flexible lipstick with shades created by YouTube beauty star Tati Westbrook."

Birchbox's big announcement this month was the release of their new line, LOC (Love of Color). Tati raves about the products and colors, and the reviews online since it's release have been really great. I was super impressed with the formula of this lipstick. It is super creamy and hydrating, and easy to put on. I totally love this shade too! It also smells super good! It's very matte, but not drying, and it feels very light on your lips, not at all cakey. The only thing I don't like is the tip of the applicator. It is rounded instead of pointed like I'm used to with lipstick, which, with a red color especially, makes it hard to apply it certain areas like the cupid's bow and corners of your lips. 


3. MAKE - Skin Illuminator // "Part skin-correcting base and part highlighter, this illuminator has the perfect amount of sheer, pearlescent glimmer."

Honestly, when I saw this on my sneak peek online, I was asking myself "what the heck is this". Then I squeezed it out of the tube, still..."what the heck is this. This isn't at all my skin tone, this sucks".


Then, I blended it into my skin and I went from "what the heck is this" to "I don't think I can go a day without this from here on out". 


It has the most beautiful shimmer to it, it's the perfect highlight. I definitely wouldn't want to use this as a skin-correcting base all over my face, but I will definitely be applying this to my highlight areas. It's so freaking pretty I can't even get over it.

4. Number 4 - Lumiere dhiver Fluoro5 Elixer Restore & Repair Oil // "This strand-saving elixir gives drab, dull hair a coveted movie star shine"

Another "what the heck is this" when I looked at my sneak peek online. I read a little bit on it when I received it in the mail, and you are supposed to apply to damp hair after showering. It is very concentrated, so a little goes a very long way. I tried it out on my hand first, to test the scent and make sure it wouldn't be too oily. Since I colored my hair, it's been pretty dry and has needed some extra love, so anything mask or hair repair related is great. First off, I love the scent of this. It's nice and light, but super refreshing, and a little does go a loooong way. It isn't too oily either, and even my skin just soaked it right up! Loved it.

5. Soap & Paper Factory - Shea Butter Hand Cream in Green Tea // "A rich cream moisturizer that soothes even the driest of hands, in a fresh, gentle green tea scent".

I'm kind of a sucker for packaging, and this little lotion tube is so freaking cute, so I was pretty much bound to like it from the beginning. But, then I smelled it. It's not at all what I expected when I read that the scent was green tea. It's more like a nice balance of citrus and floral, and it smells lovely. My hands get super dry from how often I have to wash them at work, so I was very excited to see a hand cream in my box. And, I love this one!

Great work this month, Birchbox! Happy November!

Do you guys get any monthly subscriptions? Have you ever tried Birchbox? Don't forget to pamper yourself this month ;)


How do you upcycle your Birchbox? For the next two months, mine will be under my baby Christmas tree!

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment