Tuesday, November 17, 2015

November 10 beauty favorites

The wind is howling, the rain is pouring, and the cold is creeping in. So, you guys will be seeing lots more reviews, favorites, and holiday must-haves (shot indoors where I am safe and cozy in slippers and jammies). If there's anything you want to see on the blog during the Holiday season (or anytime), please comment below and let me know :)

Every few weeks or so, I'll cycle through loving and getting sick of certain beauty products. I'll love a scent, wear it too often, throw it in a drawer, and pull out something I haven't worn in months, loving that one again. Because of this, I want to start doing monthly 10 faves! Honestly, narrowing down to 10 was super difficult, but I found tried my best....so, let's start this monthly post tradition! Here is a video I made to go along with this post.

The November 10


1. Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk // One of the best things about fall and winter is that you can cover up greasy hair with a hat, a knit headband, or a hooded jacket. But, when I know my hair is greasy, I just can't walk out the door. Of course, there are days with no time for the hair shower routine, or when we're just feeling lazy! During winter, the pipes at my place get really cold, and showers are brutal. What I would love to be a steaming hot shower, is a bone-chilling ice bath, so quick showers are key. For those days where I'm chilled to the bone already, and I don't want to suffer through the cold just to wash my hair, I spray some dry shampoo on my roots for a quick cure. This Klorane dry shampoo has a nice natural scent, and it works great! I get mine on the Birchbox website.

2. Kiehl's Creme de Corps Grapefruit Whipped Body Butter // With these chilly months, our skin dries out and we need heavier creams and lotions to keep our skin hydrated. Body butters are a great way to do this. As soon as I caught a wiff of this one (with my grapefruit obsession), I had to have it. I got it a few months ago and I'm trying to use it sparingly, but I'm almost out. Get it soon, because it's limited edition! There is a soy milk scent too, and I love that one too. This one will definitely be in a few people's stockings this year...

3. Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics Vitamin B Enzyme Cleansing Oil //  I originally heard about this cleansing oil through one of my favorite youtuber's, the adorable Ingrid Nilsen. She raved about this as both a cleanser and a makeup remover, and as soon as she recommended it I had to try it. A bunch of places are sold out now, including Birchbox and Anthropologie, but if you're willing to pay full price, you can still get it on the One Love Organics website. This stuff is really as amazing as she says. If you guys remember my travel post from about a week ago, I talked about the travel sized Cailyn makeup dissolver, which I love, but it doesn't feel so great when it leaks into my eyes (which is hard to avoid with makeup remover). This cleansing oil can be used for a lot of things, but I apply before bed to my dry face, and it melts my makeup right off, no matter how much I have on. It also has an incredible smell. One small pump goes a long way, and it doesn't bother my sensitive eyes at all! No more cotton balls and makeup remover needed! I just pump once, warm it up between my fingers, and watch the makeup melt away, then rinse off and start my Kiehl's routine.

4. Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette // I'm not really a big eyeshadow buff, I tend to go for winged eyeliner and a single eyeshadow base color, or no eyeshadow at all. But, every girl has to have a palette in her collection, right? I'm not eyeshadow savvy enough to spend the bucks on a Naked 2 palette or anything fancy, so when I found the Coastal Scents palettes, and saw they were all under $20, I sprung for one of those. Ever since I got it, I've been using eyeshadow much more often, and the Revealed 2 palette has some great fall mauve and burgundy shades. I love the packaging of the palette, and I love the mix of shimmer and matte shadows.


5. Sparkle Hair Clip // During the holidays, some sparkle never hurt a girl whether it's a sequin top or flashy shoes, but I like to go more on the subtle side. I love this hair clip from Urban Outfitters. It's super cute and strong, so it holds a lot of hair. It's great for pulling back the front sections of my hair, and adds a little more flair than bobby pins.

6. Mary Kay Translucent Loose Powder // Translucent powder is a woman's must-have because, as Mary Kay says, "it's every woman's perfect shade". This is a great way to set makeup. I've been using this one for a long time, and I really love it. It's lasted me forever, I just dip a powder brush on the lid, and rub in circular motions all over my face. It simultaneously blends my bronzer and highlighter, while setting my makeup in place for the day. I also dab it under my eyes with my fingers to set my concealer and prevent creasing. I've heard that the Laura Mercier setting powder is basically the best on the market, but I think the Mary Kay one is great, and it is way more affordable.

7. Kiehl's Micro-Blur Skin Perfector // I've never been one for primers. I've tried a ton of samples, and I've never fallen in love. I loved the way Smashbox Photo Finish Primer made my makeup look, but there's something that freaks me out about having a silicone base all over my face, and locking it in with liquid and powder, how can that be good for pores? I love watching Wayne Goss' videos, and he feels the way I do about primers, so when he recommended this one, I knew it must be good. And dang was he right. This stuff feels great on your skin, doesn't feel heavy, works to clear your skin over time, and it really helps makeup go on smoother and stay longer (especially on the cheeks and skin near the nose for me). It's definitely more on the spendy side, but if you shop at Kiehl's often or use their products like I do, there are always super great coupons and gift card rewards being sent your way. I didn't pay nearly full-price, but tons of people out there are saying it's worth full-price value. It says to use day and night, but I just use as a primer during the day.

8. Bobbi Brown Corrector 'Light Bisque' // Another Youtube favorite, Essie Button, uses this in her skincare routine every day. I started using it after her recommendation, as an extra step before concealer. I have ridiculously dark undereye circles and have a heck of a time covering them. I really like this corrector, it really brightens up my undereyes and it doesn't crease, which is difficult to find.

9. Peppermint Essential Oil // I'm not a holiday peppermint lover. I'm a year-round peppermint lover. I've had this peppermint essential oil for over a year now, and it's so potent that it's still well over half full. I use it a lot in sugar scrubs, in tea or water (it's great for when you're sick), I use it for smelling (it clears your sinuses), and for house scents. This stuff is amazing for so many uses, and really any brand of peppermint essential oil is good, so here's a cheap one from UO. Amazon is another great place to find cheap essential oils. There are a million different kinds, and all the oils do different things, here is a little more info on them and their uses.

10. Taupe Nail Polish // As you guys know, I was super excited when H&M released their new beauty line a few months ago. So, I had to try a little something from them, so I went with a fall nail color. It is called 'Go-To Griege' (which of course, they are now out of), but there is a similar one here called 'Nutmeg'. I really love the color, it's the perfect fall taupe! If you like higher end polishes, here is a similar color from OPI. 

Pretty please comment below and let me know if you guys want me to continue this and do a December 10 next month! What are your November 10? 


1 comment:

  1. Do you know what speed skating is? No matter how its name sounds, this is a type of sport whose goal is to cover a certain distance going as fast as possible. I probably must add that this is awesome excercise as well.I find this website for Skate Shoes Reviews. You can visit this site.peloton shoes review

    ReplyDelete