Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Fresh faced

Every once and awhile, I'll have those days where I just want to skip the dramatic eyeliner, the spider-eyed mascara, and the long morning routine, but I still want to leave the house not looking like I just rolled out of bed. A simple, fresh faced makeup routine is essential for these days. So, I thought I would share with you guys my under-10-minute fresh face makeup routine, along with all the products I use to achieve it. Seeing all the products, it seems like there's no way it could take 10 minutes, but I promise, it's easy peasy lemon squeezy, and every product I've used is linked down below!

The Steps

Pre-Application // Make sure to apply all your makeup to a clean and moisturized face! For me, this takes the first 3-5 minutes of my 10 minute makeup. I cleanse, tone, apply serum and oil, then eye treatment and facial cream.

1. Primer // I use Kiehl's skin perfector as my primer, but use whatever works best for you! I like this primer because it is meant to blur large pores, so it makes makeup apply much smoother.

2. Corrector // To add an extra step to cover my very dark under-eyes, I apply Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque underneath my eyes.

3. Concealer // To hide my tired under-eyes, I apply concealer in a downward triangle shape under my eyes, as well as any dark spots or pimples I want to cover. I blend all of this with my Beauty Blender, but your fingers work just as well if you press the formula into your skin to apply. My concealer of choice is MAC Mineralize Concealer in shade NW15.

4. Mineral Powder // For days where I want to look fresh and simple, I use mineral powder instead of liquid foundation. It is a faster routine, and easier to apply evenly. I've been using the Mary Kay Mineral Powder for years, in the shade Beige 1.

5. Buffing Brush // I dip a buffing brush in mineral powder, and rub in circles all over my face, pressing the powder into my skin.

6. Bronzing // To add a healthy glow and dimension, I apply bronzer in the areas I would contour on a normal day. Right now, I love the glow that MAC Bronzing Powder gives, I use the shade Refined Golden.

7. Tapered Brush // To apply bronzer, blush, and highlighter, I use the 129 brush from MAC. I first use this to apply bronzer to the hollows of my cheekbones and my hairline. I also apply bronzer under my jawline and under my chin, to add dimension and structure to my jawline.

8. Mineral Blush // Using the flat end of the tapered brush, I apply blush to the apples of my cheeks. I use MAC Mineralize Blush in shade Dainty, for a natural, pinky glow.

9. Highlighter // To add more natural glow, I use the tapered end of my brush to apply a small amount of highlighter to the highest part of my cheekbones, the center of my nose, cupid's bow, and underneath my bottom lip.

10. Mascara // On days like this, I usually skip the curling of my eyelashes and just apply mascara directly. My favorite mascara is from Marcelle. It adds a lot of natural lenghth, and it doesn't clump or add unnatural amounts of volume.

11. Setting Spray // Since mineral powders can be very mattifying, I like to use a setting spray instead of setting powder at the end of this routine. It adds a luminous glow, while holding the makeup in place for the day.

The fresh faced look





How do you change your makeup routine so you can run out the door looking fresh and natural? What are your go-to products for these days?


No comments:

Post a Comment