Monday, November 16, 2015

Touch of leopard and gold

I've been having so many blog post ideas in the middle of the night, mostly fashion ideas, but this weather isn't making my ideas easy to execute. I've been trying to figure out how to do that 'vintage inspired' curly hair, but it's useless with the wind and rain shoving everything every which way. So, I've had to try and take pictures super quick, and find hairstyles that will be forgiving of this crazy fall weather. As it starts to get more like this outside, you guys will definitely be seeing more reviews, favorites, and stuff like that on the blog. If I have to shoot a couple outfits in my house, I might give it a go and see how it works out. With that said...let's get into the look I shot today!

Sometimes, simple black and white is just the way to go with an outfit. It's classic, and any accessory can be paired with it. Now, this is when the pop of pattern or color comes in, whether it be a bold lip or a patterned bag, or both!

The look

A pair of black capri slacks are a closet must-have for a classy night out or an interview, whatever it may be. I got mine at H&M ages ago for a job interview, and have worn them a million times since. They are high rise, so tucking in a blouse with a blazer looks very put together. They have leather lined pockets, and side slits, which add a little flair. I paired them with a white crepe top with a keyhole button back from H&M (only $15). This top is so simple, and the high neck works so well with long necklaces, or short and dainty ones.



Top: H&M
Capri Slacks: H&M // Alternative

Add a touch of warmth

In all honesty, I froze my buns off shooting this look. I came inside, heated up a cup of tea and honey, put on sweatpants and a long sleeve, huge socks, fuzzy slippers, cooked some basil and rosemary rice, and got right under the blankets. Since this cold weather is coming around, I would never leave the house in this look without a jacket. I love this boucle jacket from H&M (shop these when they have sales, it's worth the wait), the shape is really drapey and flattering, and it is part wool, so very heavy and warm!


Boucle: H&M // Alternative

The accessories

I love a good pair of flats, but finding ones that I love (I'm very picky), that go with everything, and that are comfortable, is a real challenge in itself. Right now, I'm freaking out about these ones from Madewell. They've had the Mira heel for a very long time, and finally decided to come out with the Mira flat. They come in beautiful colors, but I fell in love with the color 'Castle Rock', which is like a very deep taupe. The flats are gorgeous, suede, and they just feel luxurious. The cut is so beautiful, I can't get over them! To add my touch of pattern, I grabbed my leopard clutch with a black tassle, from Sole Society. This clutch is very soft, and unfolds, so you can fit a wallet and a bunch of other purse must-haves in it, which is awesome. Since this leopard clutch is very bold, I wanted to keep my jewelry dainty and simple. I went with a simple gold necklace from Sole Society (shop their jewelry clearance section, they have great stuff for much cheaper), and some crystal and gold cuff bracelets from Nordstrom.


Flats: Madewell // Alternative
Clutch: Sole Society
Necklace: Sole Society // Alternative
Bracelets: Nordstrom

Hair & Makeup

To keep this look clean and classy (and keep the hair out of my face), I did something a little different. I left a two-inch strand at the front of my head from each side, and pulled the rest of my hair back into a low ponytail. I curled the two-inch strands towards my face, and brushed them out, so that the curls lay together. Then, I pulled about 5-6 strands of hair, leaving them in front of my face, pulling the rest of the curls back into my pony. I took the bottom of the pony, pulling the ends up towards the ceiling, then tucked all the strands into the ponytail holder, to make it look like a bun. The hairstyle turned out really great! It looked really simple and effortless. The twists of curls on the side made the bun have a little something extra.

For my makeup, I used my Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palettte. I used mauve shades on the inner and outer corners of my eyelids, and the crease. I used a shimmering cream color on the center of my lid. I lined my eyes using an angle brush and MAC Fluidline in 'Blacktrack'. I then applied my Urban Decay fake lashes. I put on MAC 'D for Danger' lipstick and 'Beet' lip pencil for a bold fall lip to finish the look!




 Palette: Coastcal Scents
Liner: MAC
Lashes: Urban Decay
Lipstick: MAC
Curler: Conair

What styles of jackets are you guys using to keep warm this fall? What are you favorite pop accessories?


No comments:

Post a Comment