Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Magic wand

We all know the struggle of finding a mascara that we actually like, and one we don't have to use in combination with another. Websites and makeup artists suggest using two types of mascara, one for curling and length, one for volume. I refuse to use two types of mascara when I know there's one out there that has to do all three! I've spent so long and tried so many trying to find the perfect one for my lashes. I started with drugstore and worked up. I've tried everything from Covergirl to Eyeko to MAC. But, the one I hit the jackpot with? Marcelle.

As you know if you've read before, I love the Birchbox website. They always have coupons, free shipping and sample deals, and I rack up points for reviewing my samples every month, which translates into website credit! I was searching on their website for some mascara, after hearing amazing things about Benefit and some other mascaras they carry. I saw Marcelle and recognized the logo from a sample of makeup remover for sensitive eyes that I'd received in one of my boxes awhile back, which I loved. I decided that the only way to know is to try, and I went for it! I was mostly interested because it was reasonably priced ($13), and the bottle said it was for both lengthening and volumizing, with a straight wand. I personally don't worry too much about looking for a curling wand, because I am not a fan of the generally soft bristles that they have, and I find it harder to get my bottom lashes with a curled wand. That's what an eyelash curler is for!



The wand // I really love the wand on this mascara. It's really long, and the bristles are amazing. They are hard and stiff, and one set of the teeth are longer than the others, like a little comb for your eyelashes! This means no clumps, WOO.

The lengthening effect // I am super impressed with how long and natural this stuff makes my lashes look. I always curl beforehand, and I have pretty long lashes naturally, but this mascara makes them look extra long.

The volumizing effect // I am also impressed by the volume this mascara gives without leaving clumps. Finding mascara that works on both top and bottom lashes is hard, because anti-clumping is essential for those thin bottom lashes. If I use this wand vertically, it volumizes my bottom lashes in one coat without making them look thick or cakey.

The price // I feel like $13 for a really good mascara is extremely reasonable. Prices at the drugstore run about $8 for some just mediocre products. A lot of nice mascaras run around $20, so I was really pleased with this price.


I couldn't be more excited about finally finding my perfect mascara. What's your favorite type of mascara?

Here are some great tips from Birchbox for perfect lashes with your mascara!

Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice and insightful article. Thank you for sharing your beauty tips and tricks. Once check out this article Mascara Hacks

    ReplyDelete