Thursday, November 12, 2015

Kiehl's review

Hey, beauties! As you know, fall and winter are the most hard on your skin. We have to change our skincare routine and switch it up via the season, prepping our skin for extra hydration during these drying months. Since I changed up my skincare routine a few months ago, found a new brand I love, and have seen dramatic changes in my skin since, I thought I would share my current skincare routine with you. Let's give it a go!

I recently switched over to almost all Kiehl's products in my skincare routine. I have a few new skincare faves, but that's a post for another day :) About 95% of my current skincare routine is now Kiehl's products. A few months ago, I went into Kiehl's in University Village because I was having major skin issues. I was having an abnormal amount of breakouts, my forehead and nose were getting extremely oily by the end of the day, and I had strange dry patches in certain areas of my face. Rebecca, the associate who helped me, tested my skin for dryness, and suggested products tailored to my skin. She definitely suggested more than I needed, but then she showed me the basics to keep it in my price range. I got pretty good deals since I work in that area which was one discount, and I also found a coupon (check retailmenot.com for coupons). I was a little nervous about switching over, since my skin has always been ultra sensitive. But, she started me on basic products without fragrances, targeting hydration, and said if after 20 days my skin hadn't visibly improved, I could return everything, so I figured it was harmless to try. Rebecca also sent me home with a bunch of free deluxe sized samples that I am still using. If you want to read up some more on Kiehl's history and products, check out their website here!


In these past few months, my skin has cleared up immensely, my skin isn't oily at the end of the day, and I haven't seen any dry patches. I am really impressed with how a little goes a long way with their products. Their products are pretty expensive, so it's great that they last months upon months before needing to repurchase anything. I honestly didn't expect this good of results. And, to top it off, about a month in, Rebecca sent a hand-written letter to my house to check in with everything!


Here are the products that I've been using for the past few months...


Skincare steps (post makeup-removal):

1. Ultra Facial Cleanser // First, I pull my hair back and place a stretchy headband around my hair to pull it out my way. Then, I slightly dampen my face with warm water (this is key, you shouldn't use hot water or cold water, it is much too harsh), squeeze a tiny dab of this cleanser on my fingertips, and rub all over my face, jawline, and neck in circular motions. I love that you need so little of this cleanser, and it has a very clean scent to it.

2. Ultra Facial Toner // Toners always make me a little nervous. Most of them have salicylic acid in them, and feel harsh or sting a bit when you apply. This one feels soothing and doesn't sting or burn at all. It takes all the extra gunk of makeup out of your pores if there is any left.

3. Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate // I had never used a serum before, and honestly, I'll probably never go without one again. The consistency of this stuff is absolutely amazing. You need just one small pump, and a little goes a long way. It feels so smooth on the skin, and it seriously works miracles over night...I've never used anything like it. It makes my skin look so smooth by the morning, I'm in love with it! I apply the same way I apply my cleanser, in small circular motions on my face, jawline, and neck.

4. Daily Reviving Concentrate // This one I still have as a sample, after several months, and there is well over half of the sample left. The lid has a dropper built in, I drop only 1-2 drops onto the palm of my hand, and press into my cheeks, forehead, and chin. Then, I use my fingertips to get into smaller areas like my nose, temples, and jawline. This concentrate smells incredible! I think some people are afraid to use it because it is an oily consistency, but your skin sucks it right up, and it is A-okay for all skin types. There is also a midnight recovery concentrate that people rave about online, although I couldn't get my hands on a free sample of this one, so I haven't tried it yet.

5. Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado // Eye serum or eye cream is a super important step in a skincare routine. I chose this one because it was cheaper than the super multi-corrective eye serum by Kiehl's, and it doesn't migrate into your eyes. Honestly, I haven't noticed a difference at all from using this, but I do like having a sensitive eye cream that is safe around the eye area. To use this one, dip your finger in the tub to collect a small amount of eye cream, warm it up between your index fingers, and lightly dab into skin under eyes.

6. Ultra Facial Cream // If I had to choose one product of all of these to keep, it would definitely be this one. You need such a small amount to cover your entire face. I take just a dab on my index finger and apply in circular motions all over my face, jawline, and neck. It is so hydrating and smooth. 

Overall, I'm very impressed with Kiehl's. I love the difference I've seen in my skin, and I can't wait to try some more samples next time I stop in!

What are your skincare favorites? If you had to live with just one skincare product, what would it be?

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment