Sunday, December 6, 2015

10 things on my list

Sorry for the lack of posts the past few days, lovelies. I've been working a lot and getting ready to head home for my wisdom teeth consultation - yay. But, lots of great holiday posts prepared from here on out! My mom and I are going to do some baking and holiday decorating over the next couple days once I'm home, so lots of photos and potentially some recipes will be up, you have my word! So, I did a little Christmas shopping after work today, I wrapped a few presents for Jason, and now it's just about finding things for the next week or so, and waiting for a couple to arrive in the mail. But, since the holidays are around the corner, I know there's lots of tempting deals for things on our lists! I thought I'd share 10 things on my list in hopes that you'll share yours with me <3


1. Matching flannel PJs // J. Crew // Since our house gets really chilly in the winter and we don't have a great heating system, warm and cozy PJs are a must. Plus, what makes you feel better crawling into bed than still looking cute?

2. Makeup brush set // Sonia Kashuk // Since all my brushes are years old, and the quality isn't great, I asked for some nice eye and face makeup brushes, so that while I'm learning to use some new makeup products, I can experiment with some brushes that will blend everything out beautifully. I love these Sonia Kashuk ones from Target because they are gold and gorgeous.

3. Smell goods // P.F. Candle Co // Our house is small and old, and no matter how much I clean, it always has a kind of...mildewy smell...gross, I know. So, Jason and I almost always have a candle lit. Our favorites scents this time of year run from vanilla to cinnamon to apple spice. The P.F. Candle Co makes amazing scents and this one is Amber & Moss, so I might have been a little bias when I saw this one ;)

4. Makeup bag // Charlotte Tilbury // I asked for a makeup bag where I can keep everything separate in my travel bag so all my liquids and powders aren't rolling around with all my clean clothes. I asked for a black quilted one, but I haven't been able to find any online or in person that look quite what I'm picturing, and are reasonably priced. I like this one from Charlotte Tilbury, it has red lips on the front, and the back (my favorite part), quotes "Give a woman the right makeup & she can conquer the world".

5. Gold cross studs // Alex and Ani // Another thing on my list was long gold cross studs. I think that these make such a beautiful accessory when you just want a simple stud and to pull your hair out of your face. Alex and Ani has rave reviews.

6. Bobbi Brown makeup manual // Bobbi Brown // Bobbi Brown is a high-end makeup brand, and I love watching Bobbi do women's makeup, or listen to her talk about makeup. Everything she has is geared towards looking like your better self, evening your skin and feeling like a confident woman. She has great tips for flawless makeup, and she is a really inspiring woman. She has several books out, multiple of which I wanted to read. But, when I caught a glimpse of this one on Amazon, I knew I wanted it on my bookshelf!

7. Fabric scissors // Fiskar // Since I love sewing, I'd really like a pair of nice sewing scissors. These ones are razor edge so that you can cut through multiple layers of fabric effortlessly. Fiskar is a great affordable brand for sewing accessories.

8. Ofra cosmetics lipstick and highlighter // Ofra cosmetics // As you guys know, I've been trying to be more adventurous with my makeup and try some new brands. I watch Kathleen Lights on youtube quite a bit, and she showed multiple shades of liquid lipsticks from Ofra Cosmetics, and highly recommended them. I'll link that video here. There's several shades I asked for, including Atlantic City, Sao Paolo, and Santa Ana. Kathleen also mentioned their new highlighters. They paired with an Instagram page called DupeThat to create two shades of highlight, and 'You Glow, Girl' is the one I'm after. It has an almost purple tint, and I imagine I'd look like Elsa from Frozen if I had it on, which is obviously a life goal...

9. Blendercleanser // Beautyblender // Although I've tried cleaning my Beautyblender with my cleansing oil, dove soap, and hand soap, and while they work just fine, they don't give it the super clean feeling I think it should be getting, and it looks like they may be damaging my sponge. And the blendercleanser is supposed to be the solution!

10. Simple black cross body // Madewell // I think a simple black crossbody bag is a closet essential. I saw this one on Madewell and fell in love. Of course I don't need one this expensive, but the look of this bag is pure perfection. 

What do you guys have on your lists for the holidays? I want to see them down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment