Sunday, December 27, 2015

December beauty favorites

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Every year it is crazy to me how we spend 364 days of the year looking forward to a day that, every year, flies by. At work today, I couldn't believe how many guests were unhappy and out of the holiday spirit already, so I hope you guys are feeling chipper and ready for the new year! Winter is officially here, and I actually had snow at my parent's house the very moment we started opening our stocking stuffers. Jason and I are really hoping to see some more white streets after the new year.

Now that December is coming to an end, I realized I still hadn't done my favorites for this month! Last month I posted 10 November beauty favorites, and decided that I would make it a monthly tradition. While I was rummaging through my beauty collection for this month, I realized that finding 10 beauty products I love for every month could end up pretty expensive, and the posts will be really long. I decided that 5 is much more feasible for a monthly post. I'm actually thinking about doing a non-beauty favorites starting in January too! I'd love to start some new weekly blog traditions after the new year (hopefully I can put some holiday money towards a camera and start doing some blogs too).

I really couldn't be more excited about the favorites I've picked out for this month. There are 5 things that I have been using literally every single day this month, and just haven't been able to get enough of them!



1. Tweezerman curler // Okay, you guys caught me, I only bought these because they're rose gold. BUT, in my defense, my old eyelash curler broke, and there won't be a day in my life where I don't curl these lashes. And, the best thing about these lash curlers? They came with more than one replacement rubber piece, which is so cool. I love that these curlers are made for rounded eyes, so they are definitely shaped perfectly for my peepers. They are much wider than the ones I had before, so they stretch from my first lash to my last, which I absolutely love. The rubber piece makes them extra gentle, and just one small squeeze makes a lot of curl. Tweezerman is a great brand in my opinion, they make some great lash and eyebrow accessories.

2. Naked 2 Basics Palette // As you guys know, eyeshadow has always been a struggle for me, but I've been watching lots of videos and trying to learn some tips and tricks lately. The only shadows I really like are matte shadows, I'm not really a shimmer kind of girl, so this Naked 2 Basics Palette was my go-to when I purchased a palette. It's a perfect travel size, and has great neutrals for everyday looks, but reaches over to the darker spectrum for a smokier look when needed. I looked at the Naked Basics Palette first, but wasn't a fan of the second yellowy shade. Some people say that these shadows are chalky and powdery (which I would say is true in comparison to the big Naked palettes full of buttery consistency shadows), but I like the formula. I don't have any fallout with these shadows, they are easy to blend (sometimes the last shade is a little rough, but it just takes time). I've been using this palette everyday, and for traveling since the palette is small and the mirror is a perfect size. Here are my swatches!


3. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in 'Vanilla' // About a month ago I posted a review on my favorites and some not so nice products from MAC. In that post, I talked about their mineralize concealer, which I really liked. I also mentioned that I know I got a shade too light for my skin. My other peeve with the product? The formula was too liquidy to use as a redness, dark spots, and pimples coverup. I need a concealer that I can use for both purposes. I had heard amazing reviews about NARS radiant creamy concealer (like, out of the park amazing), and I went into Sephora to have them test the color on my skin. I immediately fell in love with the formula and the way the color matched my skin tone. I'm obsessed with this stuff! Creamy is the perfect word to put in the name. It doesn't feel heavy, blends beautifully, and doesn't budge throughout the day. The doe-foot applicator dispenses the perfect amount of product and makes it easy to apply.


4. Sephora #45 // I originally heard about this brush through Estee Lalonde (yes, that's why I bought it, don't judge). I went into Sephora to feel the brush myself, and couldn't believe how soft it was! And, it was $24, which, for a perfectly soft brush that multitasks, is very reasonable. I've been using this brush to set my makeup with setting powder, and to set my undereyes. It is great with both stippling and buffing, and works amazingly with powders. The brush is so soft and gentle on the skin, I just love it. If you're going to spend high dollar on a brush but don't want to go crazy, Sephora Collection is a great option. 

5. Laura Mercier Translucent Powder // Honestly, this was a saving grace. This has completely replaced my Mary Kay setting powder because of the finish it gives my skin. If I put this under my eyes over my concealer, no fading or creasing happens at all during a 14 hour work day. When I put this on my forehead, chin, and cheeks, it gives this airbrushed, beautiful finish that just does wonders for the way my skin looks. The powder feels light as air, like you aren't wearing anything, and it never looks cakey or powdery. And, the most wonderful thing about it is that it is suitable for any skin tone. My only peeve with this product is the packaging. Like most setting powders, it has holes that the product can escape through, so when traveling if your bag is thrown around at all, you'll have to wiggle and tap and work some of the product back down into the packaging, which can be a tad irritating. I got the travel sized version to give it a try because of the amazing reviews, but no doubt I'll be repurchasing the actual size along with other products from Laura Mercier. P.S., the travel size comes with a little pouf to apply the powder (but I use my Sephora #45 brush).

What are your November beauty favorites? How would you feel about some non-beauty favorites posted monthly as well? Tell me about your holiday below!

No comments:

Post a Comment