Tuesday, December 1, 2015

And the holiday season begins...

I told you I could hold off till December 1st, but no way I was waiting any longer than that ;) I put up my baby Christmas tree day after Halloween, made a little tree skirt out of fuzzy cream fabric, up-cycled my Birchboxes as little gifts boxes for under the tree, put an advent calendar on the wall, and displayed apple cinnamon scented pinecones all over. I've been ready for awhile, Fitzy and I both (he likes to eat the plastic pine leaves, healthy).

My mom and I planned a little Christmas shopping trip for the two of us a couple weeks back, and we just did it yesterday. We shopped in University Village and in Downtown Seattle, and a couple places along the way. We spent the night in a hotel, and had breakfast this morning. I found some great gifty ideas, and got a big amount of my Christmas shopping done.

The first thing we did was head to University Village. We stopped through Pottery Barn, MAC, Kiehl's, and of course, got a little lunch and coffee.


After University Village, we made our way downtown, and first stop during the day was Nordstrom, which is where all the gifty goodies seemed to be. The home decor department was where we were mostly stuck. There were so many great gifts for awesome prices this weekend, from monogrammed merchandise to jewelry dishes to wall art. The holiday section had cozy blankets and throws, decorative pillows, and great little gift ideas and decor. I'll definitely be putting a lot of these pieces on my gift guides that I'll be blogging this month!





Once night hit, we got to see all the great holiday decorations up by Westlake Center. The big tree and some creepy little Santa sculptures in the Macy's windows. Loved strolling the lit up streets with my beautiful mama <3





After some serious walking with some loaded bags, we decided to stop for a bite to eat at P.F. Chang's. Our server was wonderful and we spent about two hours having some light appetizers, and a light dish to fill our tummies up before heading back to the hotel. We had some edamame, butternut squash ravioli (it was insanely good), summer rolls, and vegetarian fried rice. Mama had a couple beers, and I had my norm - a shirley temple (yeah I know I'm still like 5 years old). After we felt like we'd taken up his section in the restaurant for long enough, we headed back up to our room at the Motif for some hot cocoa, face mud masks, and then we crashed.



We woke up around 8:30 this morning, got dressed and headed out to breakfast. We walked over past Pike Place to find Biscuit Bitch. They are supposed to have the best biscuits in the U.S. A super cute little place, there was a sign on the door that said "It's cold outside, close the door bitches". We got the "Bitchwich", a classic biscuit with bacon, cheddar, and egg, and it was delicious!



After breakfast, I grabbed a hot tea for the chilly walk back to the hotel, and we hit Whole Foods on the way back to my house. It was a really nice weekend. I loved getting out and seeing all the holiday lights and getting some serious Christmas shopping done. If you live in Seattle and need something to do this season, walk around downtown just for the atmosphere alone, it's worth the experience!

What are your favorite places to holiday shop? Do you have any holiday themed events for this season? What holiday themed blog posts would you like to see coming up?


No comments:

Post a Comment