Thursday, December 31, 2015

NYE look

Happy New Year's Eve! Tonight I hope you all have plans to put on your party hats, make your resolutions, and party the night away <3 I plan on blog prepping, enjoying my day off, and making dinner for Jason and I. Boring, I know. BUT, I did put together a party look for you guys, a lil' NYE look for tonight. All the NYE blog posts I've seen lately have been girls in crazy fancy attire, long gowns and strappy heels, so I toned it down a few notches, but kept a little bit of formal and a little bit of glam. I also haven't done a fashion post in forever, so I took advantage of this freezing weather and the hint of sun, to finally get back into it.

The look

Okay, before you say anything...yes, I know this skirt looks like it would blend in with my grandmother's couch. But, guess what? For some, odd, undefinable reason, I still freaking love it. There's something about the jacquard print mixed with a little sparkle and shine that just makes it perfect. So, as soon as I decided to wear this I wanted to make the rest of my outfit totally black and pretty much totally un-unique. A fitted ribbed turtleneck tucked into the skirt, with fleece lined tights for opacity and warmth, and a simple black suede pump. This makes my skirt pop, but the fitted turtleneck adds sleekness to the look. When in doubt with a bold piece, KISS the rest (Keep It Simple, Stupid). I put on some dangly black and gold earrings for a touch more glam.



Skirt: H&M
Tights: UO // Alternative
Pumps: H&M
Turtleneck: H&M // Alternative
Earrings: H&M // Alternative

The hair & makeup

With my tight fitting turtleneck, I wanted to keep my hair super sleek. I've always loved the look of a slicked back pony or bun, pulled really tight. Carli Bybel looks stunning with that look. I never thought I'd be able to pull it off, but with the black turtleneck, it worked surprisingly well. I took a little water on my paddle brush to pull back all my hair. I put my hair into a very tight ponytail, then twisted my hair around the ponytail and secured it with another holder, making my bun a tight twist. 

For my makeup, I wanted to play on the mauve and bronzey colors in my skirt. I wanted my makeup to be relatively natural, with a little pop of extra blush. I lightly filled in my brows, and bronzed my face with NARS Laguna. I put on NARS Sin blush, and highlighted with NARS Albatross. NARS and blush highlighters are an essential duo, you shouldn't buy one without buying the other, because there's something that makes the two effortlessly pair. I skipped the eyeshadow and put NARS Audacious mascara on my top lashes, with Clinique bottom lash mascara on the bottom. I finished off my look with the perfect mauve lip, Sephora Cream Lip Stain #13, Marvelous Mauve. These lippies are fantastic, last all day, and give the perfect matte finish. They'll have a blog post just for them in a few days! I finished my look off with Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray, so that my makeup won't budge.





What are you doing for your NYE? Do you already have your look planned out? Tell me what yours is in the comments! And, let me know if any of you would be interested in seeing this makeup tutorial. I am planning on getting a video camera very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment