Friday, January 1, 2016

Review: Sephora Cream Lip Stain

Happy New Year! I hope you all had an amazing evening last night, and that you are all ready for what's to come in 2016. I'm super excited about some new monthly traditions I want to start on the blog, and a couple treats that some Christmas money bought me to expand my blogging a bit, to be shared in the next few weeks!

Today, I'm super excited to share something with you guys that I recently started wearing, and have gotten way more compliments on it than I ever expected. I didn't expect to love this product as much as I do, especially since my lippie collection has always consisted of exclusively MAC products. BUT, I felt like being adventurous, and I tried a liquid lippie from Sephora, and it's actually Sephora's brand. They are $14, and well worth more than that, but luckily they are affordable! I only have two colors, but since I have so many lipsticks already, it's good for me to stick with just a couple shades. So, this product that I'm raving about? Sephora Cream Lip Stains.


I have shades #13 Marvelous Mauve (Allana Davison recommendation) and #14 Blackberry Sorbet (Estee Lalonde recommendation). These shades side by side in the tube look pretty similar, but the colors are so very different. These stains have a doefoot applicator, like most lip glosses and stains, so they are really easy to apply and spread along your lips.


They apply very creamy, but if you wave them dry for just a few seconds, they dry completely matte. And I've never owned something that lasts so long. I wore mine from 9am-9pm working last Monday, without having to touch up even once...ridiculous. They don't get cakey or build up between your lips, or slide around at all. They stay just as they were the morning you put them on. The only touch-up you may need if you're doing a lot of eating or drinking is along the center of your lips, but very little.

Marvelous Mauve (Left), Blackberry Sorbet (Right)
One thing to keep in mind with these is that they are a stain. They aren't going to wear for an hour and you'll easily be able to rub them off. You need some makeup remover or cleansing oil for these babies. They are hardcore. This is my arm after rubbing my swatches off for several minutes, and it's still stained. So beware, it's an all day kinda wear. Which I think is awesome, it's exactly what I need for my job where I'm constantly talking and staying hydrated.


I think Marvelous Mauve is the perfect everyday kind of color. It works with any makeup look, and isn't too outrageous, it's one I've been sporting almost every day recently!


Blackberry Sorbet is an awesome party and evening color. It's such a perfect deep purple, and easy to layer to make it even darker. This one definitely needs some concealer touch-up around the edges after application, since it is so dark and intense, it's hard to get it perfect with a doefoot applicator.


These have kind of been a holy grail product for me this month, and weirdly enough, I love the smell too. I can't put my finger on what it smells like, or why I like it, but it's really appealing to me!

What do you guys think of these Sephora Cream Lip Stains? Do you own any liquid lippies? What are your suggestions / recommendations? Happy 2016, loves!

2 comments:

  1. I must try this product! Thanks for sharing 💋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Thanks for reading <3 I can't wait to see what you think. Xoxo

      Delete