Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Over-the-knee boots

Hey guys! HUMP DAY! It's pretty icky today, and I'm feeling about as icky as this weather is, but luckily I shot this look last week blog prepping, so now I can just sit on my computer editing and eating soup. Now that it's officially winter, I can guarantee my shoe of choice for the next month or two will be boots. I tried wearing my favorite quilted sneakers out the other night and my toes were completely numb, so no more of that jazz. My favorite type of boots through fall, and now winter, have been over-the-knee boots (OTK boots as these young kids are calling them nowadays). I think there is something about them that is so sexy, especially on figures that are extremely tall. It makes your legs look extra long and thin, which is so flattering. I went to wear them out one night, and I asked Jason what he thought.  By his lack of response at first, I knew he hated them! When I finally got him to talk, he said he hates them more than any piece of women's clothing. No strong feelings whatsoever guys. So, when I wear them, I wear them when I head out alone or with girlfriends! Him and I don't get a chance to get out together that often, so I like to make sure he likes what I'm wearing when we do. These ones are from ALDO, they are kind of a dupe for the Stuart Weitzman ones that all the bloggers have been showing off the past few months. And, this color is on sale now!

The look

My favorite way to wear these boots is (1) with a mid-thigh length dress, showing just a bit of leg, or (2) with light blue jeans. I love wearing them with jeans because they stay up best on my chicken legs. But, I feel like I haven't worn a dress in eons, so I thought I'd put on my comfiest one for this look. I'm thinking of doing a post on a few ways to wear OTK boots, would you guys be interested in that? I love the color of my OTK boots especially, because they are a gorgeous taupe with almost grey hues in them. The suede makes them look just as nice as the SW ones, and they feel fancy! They have ties on the thigh so that you can tighten them to your leg, which is so awesome.

This dress is a simple black shift dress from Old Navy. It is so soft and comfortable, it feels like jammies! I paired it with a big fluffy scarf from H&M with some black, grey, and taupe shades to pair the dress and the boots together. I added my favorite burgundy crossbody bag from Sole Society for a pop of color. This bag literally goes everywhere with me, and everywhere it does, I always get compliments and people asking me where I got it!






Dress: Old Navy // Similar
Scarf: H&M // Similar
Boots: ALDO

The hair & makeup

For this look I used my Tarte Energy Noir Clay Palette for a lavender toned smokey eye, with a pop of silver. I love this palette because it is purely cool-toned! I used my Bobbi Brown Sandwash Pink for a nude lip, and put on my Ardell Natural lashes (P.S. $3.99 at Fred Meyer and the best false lashes I've ever used). I used Hourglass Ethereal Glow blush because it gives the skin a beautiful finish, and the blush is nice and light for fair skin. I didn't want anything bold to take away from the eyes. It's a perfect no-makeup-makeup blush, and a great everyday-look blush. 

I parted my hair in the middle and went for the whole "turtleneck hair" look where I kept my hair tucked into the scarf, and let it do it's thang!





What is your favorite style of boot for this winter? What is your favorite everyday go-to lip and cheek color?

No comments:

Post a Comment