Thursday, January 28, 2016

LUSH Haul

Last week, I went downtown Seattle with some of my coworkers for a girls night out. We took an Uber, stopped by Sephora, LUSH, and ate till we felt sick at P.F. Changs. I had never been into LUSH, so I was super excited just to see what the store looked like (and smelled like), and I was not disappointed! I picked up a few different things while I was there, that I thought I could share with you guys, along with my experience there.

We walked into the door and were greeted immediately, by both a sweet employee, and an amazing smell all around us. There were bath melts galore (which was kind of awful because I don't have a bath, but they all looked and smelled wonderful), all sorts of shampoos and conditioners, bars for shampooing and massaging, and a million other things to choose from. Of course, I gravitated to the mask section because I'm obsessed with face masks. I'm also a cheap-o and I like to get Up&Up brand body washes from Target for $2, so I didn't even bother with that section ($20+ body washes? Not my jam). They had face and body masks, moisturizers, soap bars, facial masks, cleansers, and hair masks. They had a counter full of refrigerated face masks, all with a bowl out so you can test them on your hands and smell them (which you know I was all over). You pull the size and kind you want out of a little mini-fridge. They need to stay refrigerated to stay fresh, and they do have a pretty short shelf life since they are fresh (1-2 weeks about).


I really quickly want to talk about the company itself. They hand-make all of their products in Vancouver, with fresh ingredients, and they are against animal testing. The brand supports such great values, and you can read about it all on their website, but here is a little glance at their company philosophy. One of my favorite things was that the bottom of each product has a little sticker with a face and name of who made the product, and the date it was made, which I think is so awesome!


Alrighty, now for the haul! I haven't tried many of these products yet, but after just trying one I bet you'll be seeing them in my next months favorites, or maybe a brand lovin' post coming up! I thought I would share with you guys what the products look and smell like, what they claim to do, and their packaging.


1. Mask of Magnaminty // This is a face and body mask. The smell is to die for. The minty scent is so strong, it clears your sinuses. I can't wait to rub this all over! The consistency is pretty thick, with a green tint to it. This is one of my coworkers' favorite items from LUSH, so I can't wait to give it a try. The website says that it is mostly meant to be a face and back mask. It is so infused with peppermint that it reaches deep in your pores to remove debris from your skin, giving you a tingly sensation when you have it on.


2. Cup O' Coffee // Another face and body mask, the smell of this one really got me, and I had to have it! It smells like a fresh made mocha. And, I love what coffee does for the skin. It's a great exfoliator, and temporarily relieves the look of cellulite because the caffeine brings blood towards the skin, which is why I love making coffee scrubs at home. The LUSH version contains Kaolin which they say helps to deeply cleanse impurities from the pores. The consistency of this scrub is definitely more of a "goopy" kind of texture, so you'll need to be careful not to make a mess!


3. BB Seaweed // This was a must-have because it is a LUSH bestseller, and because of the strong smell of lavender (one of my favorite scents). The scrub has seaweed (obviously) which nourishes the skin, while the exfoliator of this scrub is the fine ground almonds it contains. I tried this mask first thing when I bought it, and the texture is really nice. It's almost like the texture of whipped cream cheese, very fluffy, which makes it easy to apply, and it dries quickly on the skin, leaving you feeling soft and firm after.


4. Oatifix // The second face mask I got, this one couldn't be more different in texture than the last. It is very thick at first, so you need to warm it up in your hands for a minute to let it break down. It applies very chunky because of the banana, oatmeal, and almond it contains. The smell is amazing, it kind of makes you want to eat it...it smells exactly like snickerdoodle cookie dough in my opinion! This mask is said to be best for dry or irritated skin (perfect for this winter weather), and it is also said to slough away dry and flaky skin.


5. KISS Lip Scrub // This was an impulse register buy! I have such dry, chapped lips, especially during the winter. And, I love wearing lipstick every day (as you guys know), but the chapped lips paired with my favorite matte lip just isn't flattering, my flakes and lip cracks are accentuated, and it isn't cute. This scrub has been my lifesaver prior to applying lipstick. And, the best part? You can lick it off when you're done exfoliating, and it tastes like candy! If you guys are in LUSH soon, pick this one up, because it is a limited edition valentine's day release. And, it has cute little hearts in it, ADORABLE.


6. No Drought Dry Shampoo // I'll be honest. I absolutely love hot showers for my body. BUT, I absolutely hate washing my hair. Hate it. So, dry shampoo is definitely used once to twice a week, and more than that when I am traveling. So, this naturally caught my eye. I am obsessed with the Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk, but I am hitting the bottom of my can, so I thought I would try something different this time. This one has a very light grapefruit-lime scent that is nice and fresh, and the reviews on it are amazing. It also appealed to me because it claims to blend in completely even on dark hair (which is my biggest problem when finding a dry shampoo).


Have you been to LUSH? What have you tried from them? Do you know of any other brands like this that create awesome fresh ingredient products? I'd love to hear about them below! Have a wonderful day, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment