Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Valentine's Day: Get ready with me

So...it's been a bit, almost a whole week. I had a little bit of a rough week, and my creative juices just weren't running. I felt like if I took a few days off, maybe when I was up to my normal spirits, they might just come flooding in. Come yesterday, I got all excited to do a bunch of videos and posts! One being a look for the upcoming Valentine's Day. I wanted a look that would be simple enough for anyone to complete, and something romantic. I will be doing another V-Day "get ready with me" style post and video later this week, I'm just waiting for a little something to come in the mail to use for the video (P.S. I drop a hint in my youtube video below)!


The look

The makeup that I chose for this look was pretty much centered around my outfit. My favorite place to buy heels is Sole Society, they look extremely chic, the quality is awesome, and the range of styles they have is always great. They have trendy styles, as well as modern classics. These specific heels that I had in mind for this look have been sitting in my closet waiting for an excuse to see the outside world! They are a gorgeous strappy heel, with wine colored suede. The straps make them extremely easy to walk in, even with how tall they are. The style of them is so classy and stunning, so I wanted to keep the rest of my look pretty muted in color.

I put on a simple black chiffon skirt. The chiffon kept the look dressed up, and I find the shape of this skirt really flattering. This was actually a dress I found on sale at H&M well over a year ago that was about 5" too short for my taste, so I sewed a little and transformed it into a skirt. I've worn it a ton ever since! I slipped on a grey ribbed mock neck long sleeve from H&M and my long Madewell necklace that I mentioned in my non-beauty favorites collab from last week. I grabbed a simple black quilted clutch for a simple accessory, and my Instax Mini 8 for some memories throughout the night.




Top: H&M
Skirt: Homemade // Alternative
Shoes: Sole Society
Clutch: H&M // Alternative
Camera: Instax
Necklace: Madewell // Alternative

The hair & makeup

As I said above, I wanted a look that would be something simple, but I needed a little pop of something special, and for me, that was SPARKLE. I started with a the Laura Mercer Primer in 'Radiance'. This primer has a nice sheen to it, which adds a little extra glow to the skin. I followed this with my current favorite foundation, which I have received compliments on every day since I started using it - NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation. This foundation feels like nothing on the skin, but has medium-full coverage. I concealed under my eyes, and set my face. I followed these steps with a light contour, along with some bronzer to blend out my contour and warm up my face. I put on a baby pink blush, and did a natural highlight using Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. I cancelled out veins and redness on my eyelids with MAC Paint Pot in 'Painterly'. I completed my winged eyeliner, and used a sparkle eyeshadow slightly above it to add a little something special to the look. I put on a very light lengthening and separating mascara, followed by an inner corner highlight with a pink champagne tone to it, and I lined my waterline with a nude eye pencil to brighten up my eyes and make them look larger. I finished this look with a bright fuschia lipstick, MAC 'Girl About Town' and a nude lip cream from Buxom to plump up my lips and add a little shine. All products used are located in the description box of my video, along with my shade.

I lightly curled my hair, parted down the middle, and brushed it through to create a really fluffy, natural looking wave.





What are you doing for this V-Day? What look are you going for and what products are you gushing over?

No comments:

Post a Comment