Sunday, February 28, 2016

February 2016 beauty favorites

Guess what? More favorites today! Today we're talking beauty favorites - haircare, skincare, bodycare, and makeup that I've been loving all through February. I'm not going to ramble in this intro (out of character for me I know) because I have a lot to talk about today (imagine that)!

Head over to my youtube video below if you want to see swatches and formulas of all my favorites from this February.


We'll get the haircare, skincare, and bodycare out of the way first, since that is all the quick stuff, and - let's be honest - makeup is my favorite to talk about.



Last month, I received a box from Influenster with some free products for me to try and review, I'll link the unboxing here if you haven't seen it. In the box was Suave Professional Damage Repair Coconut Oil Infusion shampoo & conditioner. I tried the conditioner as soon as I received it so that I could talk about it in my review. I honestly wasn't expecting anything from this, but I couldn't believe the difference in my hair after using it. As soon as I hopped out of the shower, my hair was easy to brush through. The next morning, my hair was insanely soft and shiny. Needless to say, I've been using this conditioner ever since and my hair has been really happy with it!


During January, Jason's mom and I went shopping over at Northgate and I stopped into the Body Shop to grab some body butter for my ultra dry skin that has been really suffering this winter. I haven't been into the Body Shop in years and years, but I went back to the trusty clementine scent that I used to go for. Turns out, at the checkout, it was BOGO free, so I grabbed the cocoa butter one as well. And holy crud. This stuff smells incredible, and even the consistency is better, it is truly like the consistency of butter. It makes my legs ultra soft and I love the smell. This will definitely be my go-to from now on, and I don't think I'll ever be able to live without it!


One of the masks I hauled at LUSH last month was Catastrophe Cosmetica. It is a fresh refrigerated mask, so it doesn't last super long, but this was by far my favorite of the masks that I tried. It is made with blueberries, chamomile, and calamine. I swear that my skin was completely calmed and less irritated after having using this the night before. And, there's something about putting a cold mask on your face that is so soothing.



As you guys know, I'm moving in less than two weeks and I've been unreasonably stressed, which has made my skin go crazy. I've been trying to keep it light on the makeup to let my skin breathe a bit (and here's the truth - I've been really lazy in that department lately). I've fallen in love with the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. It is reasonably priced, very moisturizing, has decent coverage, and looks very natural. 


This girl right here has been craving sun hardcore. And, I can sort of mimic a tan with a little touch of bronzer. This bronzer has been my absolute favorite this month because it's a one-step wonder. This is the OFRA Blush/Bronzer in 'Millennium Gold'. It is bronzer marbled with cream and cranberry pink shades. It has a tad bit of subtle shimmer, so it gives my face a gorgeous bronzey glow. I skip contouring all together when I used this and fluff it all over my cheekbones, temples, and hairline. And, this stuff blends like a dream!


My holy grail lip gloss is the Buxom Full-On Lip Cream. These are pretty opaque, have the perfect amount of shine, aren't too tacky, and they leave your lips looking juicy and healthy. They have a hint of minty or menthol feel to them, but I have sensitive lips myself and I enjoy the feel. The color I've been obsessed with through February is 'Rose Julep'. It's a gorgeous bright pink that is perfect for everyday wear, it makes me look awake, bright, and healthy.


Ambient Strobe Powder 'Incandescent' (left)
Ambient Lighting Blush 'Diffused Heat' (right)
You guys already know I love Hourglass, so I'm sure it isn't a surprise that I have some products from them to discuss. They have my all-time favorite blush formula! First thing is the Ambient Lighting Blush in 'Diffused Heat'. I've been grabbing for this blush shade all month long. It is described as a vibrant poppy by Hourglass, which is spot-on. It gives my cheeks the most beautiful, healthy looking flush with a bit of shimmer.

I've also been obsessed with the Ambient Strobe Powder. I have the shade Incandescent, which leans towards a peach/pink toned highlight. A lot of people have been disappointed in this launch, but I think the formula and the product all together is gorgeous. I love that these have more of a sheen than the ambient powders, but still look natural and pretty on the skin. I hope they come out with more shades!


I've been loving two items from YSL this month. The first are the Touche Eclat Neutralizers. I have shades bisque and violet. I place bisque on the dark circles under my eyes prior to concealer, and I place violet in my highlight areas (triangle under my eyes, center of my nose, my cupid's bow). The consistency of these is incredible because the formula blends beautifully and it is a sheer formula, so it doesn't peek through once covered with foundation or concealer. 

The other item from YSL that I've been loving this month is a new holy grail for me! This is seriously the mascara that I've been searching for my entire life. One coat and your lashes look natural, long, and fluttery, but you can build and build for a false lash look if you like. Hands-down the best mascara I've ever owned. However, I would like to mention that the smell is quite strong for those of you with sensitivity to the scent of products. It doesn't bother me, but it smells...almost chemically...when you first open it and apply. The smell fades immediately after application, but I thought it was worth mentioning for some people out there.



I'm sure this will come to no surprise to many beauty gurus out there, since almost everyone will have something from the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani collection in their February favorites. There is definitely more than one thing from this line that I've been gushing over all month long. The first thing is the gorgeous blush palette. Since I am so fair, this works well as a contour/blush/highlight palette on my skin tone. I love to take this when I travel because it gives me multiple options, and the packaging is very sturdy.

The eyeshadow palette has probably been my favorite thing out of the collection. This is the perfect palette for the neutral lover like myself, but it has three pops of color for when you need them. The shadows have amazing texture and blend-ability and the packaging is gorgeous. The mirror says "Magic's in the makeup" in the right corner, so cute!

Two of their 24/7 Glide-On Lip Liners have stood out to me. The colors are 'Firebird' (fuchsia), and 'Ex-Girlfriend' (dusty rose nude). The formula of these is so creamy and comfortable to wear, on their own or topped with a gloss/lipstick. 

The matching lipstick 'Ex-Girlfriend' has been a go-to for my lazy days. It is a sheer formula nude, that just adds a really healthy shine to my lips! I love the formula because it is extremely comfortable.

Alrighty guys, hopefully that wasn't too much to stomach, but February had a lot of stand-out products for me that I really wanted to share with you guys. What were your favorites from the month of February?

No comments:

Post a Comment