Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Cute and casual outfit + Margot Robbie inspired makeup

I hope you guys are having a loverly day today. Today I've spent the entire day filming and doing blog prep. I woke up this morning not feeling any creative juices flowing, so I did some pinteresting and had 3 cups of coffee, and boy oh boy did it help. I came across a photo of Margot Robbie that really inspired me to do a super simple makeup tutorial that would be great for an everyday look, and do a casual day outfit along with it.

Disclaimer - Margot Robbie is one of my biggest lady crushes, so if you see her name a lot dropped in this post, that's why. Also, she's basically a flawless and wonderful human being, so remember that this an INSPIRED makeup tutorial, because only in my wildest dreams would I ever look anything like her.

The look

For the outfit today, I wanted to do something really wearable and casual, something you could wear to lunch out with the girls or to go shopping downtown. I wanted something that was cute and would make someone feel confident, but that would be mindless and easy to put together in the morning!

First, I put on a no-brainer, distressed skinny jeans! This gives such a cool and easy vibe from the get-go, and one of the keys to projecting confidence is comfort. Next, I slipped on a black crepe blouse. These are so effortless because they dress up an outfit, but not too much, and they go with everything! I put on olive green / khaki colored thick-heel ankle boots. These are an awesome accessory to have in your closet because they make it look like you put in a ton of effort, and they make any outfit super cute, but they're easy to just slip on and wear all day long. I love mine because they add a pop of color, so I don't even have to think about the rest of my outfit.

P.S. To see these photos better, click on them to enlarge, and you can scroll through the feed from there.




Top: H&M
Jeans: GAP
Shoes: Sole Society

The accessories

For an extra touch, I put on a long adjustable necklace with some reddish pink marbling. I also added a black and white clutch (a total must-have because it goes with every look you can think of). Lastly, I put on my favorite accessory of all-time, my Daniel Wellington watch. This pulls together any look to make it look classy, and it just makes me feel confident and put together whenever I put it on.



Necklace: Madewell // Alternative
Clutch: Madewell // Alternative

The hair

For me, I am most comfortable when my hair is up and out of my face, but I much prefer the look of it being down. The compromise? Half-up, half-down! I pulled the top half of my hair up, and looped it halfway, like I was going to pull it into a ponytail and then stopped. This is such an easy look for when you are on the go, or if you have second or third day hair as well!



The makeup - CUE MARGOT ROBBIE!

As soon as I saw this photo I knew I wanted to - look exactly like her - I mean...make my makeup look like her...awkward. So...ehem...

I used an illuminating primer and a luminous foundation to get that natural just-like-skin look that she has in this photo. I concealed redness and dark undereye circles with correctors and concealer. I set all my liquids using a translucent powder. I skipped contouring since she just looks bronzed and natural, and I bronzed my cheeks, temples, and hairline. I applied a true baby pink blush to the apples of my cheeks for a really natural looking, healthy flush. I lightly filled in my brows and set them with brow gel. I applied a pink-toned highlighter as a blush overlay and on the high points of my face. For eyes, I used a champagne shade all over my lid, and a very light warm brown in my crease. I used two deep bronze shades on my lower lashline to create the effect she has in the photo. Next, I put an extremely light coat of mascara on my upper lashes, and a couple coats on my lower lashes. Lastly, I applied a natural 'my lips but better' pink lipstick, then a gloss on the center of my lips. 

Voila! Nothing as gorgeous as Margot, but the makeup look is such a great everyday look. The look is very luminous, natural, and simple! If you guys would like to see a really quick tutorial, I have a sped up one on youtube with a voiceover, that is under 5 minutes. The video also includes all the products that I used for this look.



Hopefully you enjoyed this post! I've never done something like this before, and trying to recreate a look I love was really fun for me! I love using pinterest or celebrity makeup to find inspiration. Who is one of your favorite celebrities?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much, lovely lady! I'm no Margot Robbie ;)

      Delete
    2. And that's a very good thing because otherwise we'd all miss out on you. xxx

      Delete
    3. Oh my gosh, you are the sweetest!

      Delete