Monday, February 29, 2016

February brand lovin' | OFRA Cosmetics

Yeah, I know, I'm the worst. I waited till the very last day of February to do my brand lovin' post. But, I really had a hard time figuring out which brand to talk about this month! I did a poll on the blog and on Instagram asking which of 3 you guys would like to see, and it was an even tie between the three -_- So, I went with the first vote (first come first serve), which was OFRA Cosmetics. This is a brand I really love for their products, their formulas, and their background.

To hear about the history behind OFRA Cosmetics, check out the corresponding video below or the about section of the OFRA website linked here. One of many reasons I love OFRA is because their products are hypoallergenic. They also use great ingredients like Vitamin C, algae extract, etc.


I first discovered OFRA through KathleenLights, one of my favorite youtube gals to watch. She did a collaboration with OFRA, creating two colors of her choice to add to their liquid lipstick line. I first purchased the two colors she collaborated on, and after falling in love with the formula, I ended up with more colors and a few other products that I'll share with you guys. After purchasing the liquid lipsticks, I had to try more from their collection of products, and I think that a lot of their products are very underrated.

If you order from OFRA's website, you'll get your products quickly, and they'll be packaged with care and thought. They always pack in the bubble wrap outside of the products, and between the product and lid as well if there is space to do so. I think it's awesome that they put in the care to keep the products safe for travel to their new home.



The first thing I ever loved from them, and probably the most loved, are their liquid lipsticks. The formula of these liquid lipsticks is by far, my favorite liquid lipstick formula ever! These are less of a liquid and more of a cream. They are fully opaque, extremely creamy, and not drying whatsoever. They are incredibly comfortable on the lips, unlike lots of liquid lipsticks. They don't accentuate fine lines or dry patches if you are someone with dry lips, and they don't cause dry lips after days of wear either. 



DupeThat is an awesome Instagram account that dupes everything out there. OFRA did a collaboration with DupeThat to create two highlight shades, both of which are stunning. You Dew You (top) is a peachy gold and You Glow Girl is an icy lavender. These are incredibly pigmented and soft to the touch, they are blendable, and they don't accentuate pores too much like many highlighters do. You Dew You looks stunning on tan and deep skin tones, I will be rocking this all summer long! You Glow Girl makes you look like you came from the movie Frozen, it's a gorgeous icy color. The only downside I want to mention from these products is the packaging. The top is completely plastic and not very sturdy (the lid on mine broke immediately with a light drop).



I am only going to briefly mention this blush/bronzer in Millennium Gold, since it was in my beauty favorites post from yesterday. It is a gorgeous, lightly shimmering bronzer that makes my skin look like I have a beautiful summer glow. It blends like a freaking dream.



Another one that I have mentioned before (underrated and overrated products post), is the Signature Eyes palette in Radiant Eyes. This is such a gorgeous palette. The shadows are all shimmers, they all blend like a dream and glide on like butter. My favorite way to use this palette is to use the darker taupe shade (middle) in my crease and outer v, the rosey copper shade (far right) all over my lid, and the creamy tan shade (2nd in from the left) on the inner part of my eye to brighten everything up. I also sweep the taupe shade along my lower lashline. The palette is so easy to work with, and you can create multiple effortless looks using it. The shadows are so creamy and pigmented (which you can easily see in the video).

That's it for this month's brand lovin'! If you're going to purchase from OFRA, make sure to check the really popular youtube accounts (MannyMUA, Kathleenlights, Allana Davison, JamiePaigeBeauty) for discount codes, they almost always have 30% or more off OFRA's entire website, so their products are a total steal! Make sure to comment down below and let me know what you love from OFRA, and what brand you'd like to see featured in next month's brand lovin' post.

No comments:

Post a Comment