Saturday, February 27, 2016

February 2016 non-beauty favorites

IT'S DA WEEKEND! It's also my parent's anniversary today, so shoutout to mom and dad for always showing me love, what true love looks like, and what it's meant to be throughout my entire life. Okay, cheeseball moment has passed. Let's move on.


Guess what! It's time for the absolute best part of each month - the favorites. So, we're easing in with non-beauty favorites so that we can mentally prepare for the beauty favorites, because it's overwhelming sometimes (plus, I have a lot this month).


I decided that along with a few different themes that I'm starting this year on the blog, one of those would be a new style to the favorites. I decided to start categories (favorite movie, favorite tv show, book of the month, favorite song, etc.). These are things that fluctuate for me every month, and that way there is some cohesiveness and some expectation each month, and a common topic. I really like the new setup, but let me know down in the comments section what you think!


My favorite movie of the month was hands-down Deadpool! This was what I was most excited to mention in the favorites this month. Jason and I went and saw this in IMAX on V-day and it was AMAZEBALLS. It was that kind of leave-the-theater-in-tears funny, with a ton of action. I will definitely be seeing this again! It's totally worth seeing in the theaters - and, if you haven't already, make sure you stay till after the credits, because there are two post-credit scenes that Jason and I missed out on because we didn't stay. Sad face.


Jason and I have been super into the old X-files lately. It's tacky, it's awesome. It's so entertaining and we've been flying through the seasons! I can't wait to finish it so that we can watch the new one. P.S. all the old seasons are on Netflix, so if you're a binge watcher like I am, hop on that train and set aside a few days on the couch and indulge.


Since I work a lot, I don't really get the chance to enjoy fun clothes like I'd like to (meaning my massive heel collection goes neglected). But, I do have a few pieces here and there every month that I gravitate towards (and when I love something, I wear it to death till it pills and tears, it's kind of a problem). This month, I've honestly been really lazy. I've been stressed about moving, signing up for classes, etc., so I've been all about that comfy life. 

My first love has been the Steve Madden Ecentrcq sneakers, these are my go-to when I leave the house whether I pair them with sweatpants or jeans. They are comfy, cute, casual, and they go with absolutely everything. The second thing I've been loving is this grey Madewell turtleneck. This was in my winter essentials post from last month. It's incredibly soft, boxy, and comfortable, and has a cool waffle stitch, with a longer end on the back that covers up da booty. I really don't like tight clothing, so this sweater is my jam! My last love has been these super affordable fleecey lovely goodness sweatpants from H&M. Mine are burgundy, but they come in a ton of different colors, they are so soft and cozy, and I've been wearing mine every single day, no joke. If you are looking into buying these, keep in mind that they do run quite large!


This was not a hard choice for me. Empire of the Sun 'Walking on a dream' has been my jam this month, all month long. This one is on the work playlist at my job and I swear every time it comes on I have to hold myself back from singing and dancing, and my pace increases. It's such a catchy awesome song. If you get a chance, watch their video. Empire of the Sun is so weird, but weird in a good way, awesome weird.


I've been drinking hot black tea with honey and milk all month long, several cups a day. I have always been a drinker of black coffee and straight black tea, then one day I decided to step out of my comfort zone bigtime, and I put in a splash of milk and a tablespoon of honey (okay more like three tablespoons, you caught me). It's so sweet and delicious, the perfect before bed treat, it puts me right to sleep with the warmth of tea in mah belly.


My love for Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips has been rediscovered. If you haven't tried these, don't start, because you'll be hooked. Growing up, my mom used to munch on these as her chip of choice because they aren't wildly unhealthy, and they're delicious alone or with hummus (did you read that as "delicious alone or with humans"? Because I did twice when editing this post). I've been going through these way too fast this month!


The book I'm reading this month is 'Everything I've Never Told You' by Celeste Ng. Jason's family got this for me for Christmas because I was dying to read it and I finally got around to picking it up and I've really been enjoying it. The family's daughter goes missing, and it basically reveals all these things that the family never knew about each other, and how messed up they really are.


Jason came home one day this month and said, "hey, I've noticed that you've been listening to music a lot more recently around the house, so I got you this cool speaker" and he handed me this super nice JBL Flip 3 water resistant speaker. This was such a thoughtful gift, and just for no reason! I've been jammin out to Empire of the Sun in the shower, while I do dishes, laundry, etc. It's a super nice speaker, it turns up super loud, connects to bluetooth, and it's my favorite color, red! Jason's a keeper.

That's it (like I didn't just keep you reading for a ton of your day because I had so much to talk about) for the non-beauty favorites this month! Remember to mentally prepare yourself for the beauty favorites in the next couple days ;) I hope you enjoyed this post, and make sure to let me know down below what your non-beauty favorites are from the month of February!

No comments:

Post a Comment