Thursday, February 4, 2016

Teal eyes and over-the-knee boots

HI! How are you guys today? I'm very excited about today's post (I feel like I say this at the start of every post, but I'm a generally an excited person most of the time, so excuse me). Today, we are dabbling in the most unique palette I own, the NARS L'amour Toujours L'amour palette. It's gorgeous, full of matte and metallic shades, and NARS put a lot of thought into the palette. They put in lid colors, transition colors, crease colors, etc. And, they made larger pans for those colors people will be using most often, which is such a smart move! This palette is gorgeous, and you can create so many different looks using it. Of course, if you don't have this palette, any shadows with similar tones will work wonderfully! I have a full youtube tutorial, along with a styled look on this part of the blog in case you want to skip all the makeup jazzzz.


I'm using two of my January favorites products in this tutorial, because they are AMAZING. And, a shirt that inspired this whole shabang. I had an H&M gift card and I couldn't find anything to spend it on, but I came across this teal toned crepe shirt a few weeks ago and fell in love with the color because I've never ever worn a color like this before, or owned anything like it. And, my brain immediately went to a teal smokey eye paired with that shirt, and it made for a great duo post for youtube and here on the blog! I hope you guys enjoy it, let's jump right in!

The look

I wanted to feature my taupe over-the-knee boots again to show you guys how versatile they are. My favorite way to wear them is with jeans! They make your legs look so slim and flattered, and if you have chicken legs like I do, the boots will stay in their upright position much better when styled with denim. I love the shape of this teal top and how it has a rounded hem on the bottom. I paired this style with my dark Madewell jeans, great for casually dressing up a look, and with my burgundy Sole Society clutch, because burgundy goes with everything




Top: H&M
Clutch: Sole Society
Jeans: Madewell
OTK Boots: ALDO

The hair & makeup

To pair with this teal crepe blouse, I wanted to do a deep blue / teal smokey eye using my NARSissist palette. Since the eyes were so deep, I paired them with a deep brown lip using simply a lip liner and a gloss over top. I'm really happy with the way this turned out! I'm not usually one to play with colored shadows.


Necklace: H&M

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! If you'd like to see more colored looks like this where I reach outside my comfort zone, let me know in the comments below. 

Do you guys like these duo makeup / fashion posts I've been experimenting with? What is your favorite eyeshadow palette? 

No comments:

Post a Comment