Wednesday, February 17, 2016

GRWM: Movie night | Olive eyes + nude lips

HUMP DAY! Hey guys! I hope you're having a super day. So, last night, we went out to the movies, and since I don't go out super often, I thought it would give me a fun chance to put on some makeup out of my daily routine and film a "get ready with me". The inspiration for this whole look was the NARS x Steven Klein single shadow in Never Too Late, which is a gorgeous olive green with gold shimmer. Lez do dis.

The Look

Since I was just going to the movies, I wanted to keep my look nice and casual. This is my favorite Madewell sweater because it is so cozy, and the turtleneck style isn't too tight or constricting (you guys know my HATE for turtlenecks). I paired it with my favorite, most comfortable Madewell jeans, and some black chelsea booties. I put on a really simple necklace with some grey and black marble detail on it, and grabbed my burgundy tote bag to add a little color.





Top: Madewell
Jeans: Madewell
Necklace: Madewell
Bag: H&M 
Booties: Topshop

The Hair & Makeup

The youtube tutorial for this look is pretty simple and short, but if you guys would prefer to read how to get this look, the steps are listed for you below, it's a piece of cake! All products that I used are in the youtube video and the description box of the video as well.


1. Prime your eyes with the eyeshadow primer of your choice.

2. Pack an olive shadow all over the eyelid.

3. Take a deep brown or grey toned matte shadow directly in the crease to blend out any harsh lines, and create a smooth transition.

4. Take a matte shadow in the same color family as step 3, but a tad lighter, and use this slightly above the crease.

5. Take a shimmer shadow in a light champagne / biege / gold tone in the center of your lid to brighten everything.

6. Using an angled liner brush, take a matte black shadow and create faux winged liner.

7. Use a black waterproof eyeliner to tightline and line your lower waterline to create depth.

8. Go back to your olive eyeshadow and run this along the entire lower lashline.

9. On the outer 1/4 of the lower lashline, run the matte black shadow as close to your lashline as possible.

10. Curl your lashes and apply mascara of your choice.

11. Using the same bright shimmer shade as in step 5, apply this to the inner corners of your eyes to highlight.

12. Do your face makeup as you wish!

13. Apply a "my lips but better" lip pencil to make your lip color last all night long, pair with your perfect nude lipstick, and pop some nude colored gloss on the center of your lips.

14. Curl your hair just in the center, leaving the ends straight. Spray your roots with texturizing spray to add some volume. AND GO HAVE FUN!




What is your ideal night-out on the town and what kind of look to you gravitate towards? Thank you for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment