Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Black and blue

HUMP DAY! Hey guys! As hinted at yesterday, today will be a fashion post, woo! It's funny because I had the hardest time finding something when putting this post together. You know those days where you just feel like a frumpy blurby (definitely not a word) mess in everything? That's how I was yesterday. I had been dying to try this makeup look that my favorite youtuber had posted, and I just couldn't seem to find the right look for it. Ever since makeup has been creeping more and more into my life, I find fashion harder and harder for me to grasp. I think we all get in a weird funk when the seasons feel like they are dragging on, so I'm hoping when spring rolls around I will find some inspiration again.

I was in my room, makeup and hair done, with a pair of shoes in my hands that I hands-down had to wear for this look, and it was all about finding the in between my head and toes, which was a disaster. I threw a fit. I was literally grunting and throwing clothes across the room for a half hour before I found something. All of a sudden, in the bedroom, I hear one of my oldie-but-goodie favorite songs, Black and Blue by Miike Snow. I literally ran out of the room, grabbed one of my tops, held it up to the shoes, and just looked at him and said 'yusss'. When it doubt, go all black! It's slimming, flattering on everyone, and super sleek.

The look

Lately I seem to gravitate to this homemade chiffon skirt quite often. It's the perfect length, and the perfect shape, I find it really flattering, and I am a total sucker for these types of fabrics. This cropped ribbed top with a cross-over detail in the front is so comfortable and cute, but since it is so cropped, it can be hard to wear or find things to wear with, so this was the perfect excuse. THESE SHOES. Years and years ago, I was in Macy's, and I stopped by the clearance shoe section, and I saw these babies. They had one left in my size, and they were discounted from over $100 to $27. It was during the springtime, and the cobalt blue was calling my name. I remember falling head over heels (see what I did there?) for these, and not even questioning whether or not I needed them in my life. Sandal style heels are so stunning to dress up ripped or baggy jeans, they are springy and feminine with an A-line dress, and they are professional and classy with cropped slacks - see, you can do so many things with them! Okay, I need to stop blabbing and show you this look already.




Top: Urban Outfitters // Alternative
Skirt: Homemade // Alternative
Shoes: Style & Co. // Alternative

The hair and makeup

I watched Allana Davison do a Perrie Edwards inspired makeup tutorial about 30 times because I was so obsessed with the whole thing, and I needed to recreate it. Of course, I didn't have all the products that she used, so I substituted a few of my own. As with any tutorial, you can always work with what you have lying around your makeup collection! This look was so simple to achieve - a super bronzed matte face, with a natural glow-from-within highlight, lightly shimmering rose gold eyes, and bold blue waterline liner with a wing. I will link the tutorial here in case you guys want to see how I got this look! If you'd like a list of products that I used as opposed to the one's Allana used, go ahead and let me know down below in the comments! I did include photos of the products that I used (1) to achieve my eyes, and (2) to achieve my face makeup, so hopefully that is somewhat helpful.




PS. Props to Jason for being such a great sport for this post. He helped me find something to wear, and even offered to take my photos instead of me using my self-timer. He was such a hoot, he asked me to kneel down and told me "people like to see different poses Amber, not the same thing all the time", so there I was, doing the thinker, as instructed, and he was quite proud. The last fashion photo of me in the chair was all him, and he was kind of freaking out about it, so make sure you give this handsome bearded guy some love down below if you liked today's photos ;) He's an awesome sport!


I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I've really been trying to get out of my comfort zone with makeup and use some color. I've always loved doing that with my lips, but I am trying to embrace the nude lip and add something a lil' different in place a lil' different. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions for looks, requests for posts, feelings on this, etc. Thanks so much for reading, and I'll talk to you guys tomorrow <3

No comments:

Post a Comment