Saturday, January 2, 2016

New year, new traditions

I'll be writing 2015 for the rest of January at least. But, it's a new year, and since I'm no good at resolutions, I thought it best to at least start some new traditions. Since I'm really working on doing some new stuff on the blog, like including videos, trying to take better photos and flat lays, and posting some diverse content, I thought this would be a great opportunity to start some new traditions. For those of you that read every once and awhile, or often, you'll know what to expect every month, and for those of you who just found this link one time on Pinterest, you'll at least see some themes and consistency, and hopefully want to keep reading.

You guys know that I love fashion, but it's been a little difficult with this cold weather and rain. Luckily it has been dry this week, and on my days off I will absolutely be taking advantage of this crisp, but sunny weather. I will also be moving in a few months, and the hope is to find a nice apartment with white walls where I can shoot photos inside, instead of my weird fenced alley next to my house. I think the color would transfer better, and the shot would be more clear and clean. I plan to start doing a weekly look, especially now that winter is here, my absolute favorite fashion season!

My newest obsession has been makeup, so I decided that once a month I'm going to start doing a Brand Lovin' post, focusing on a few products from a brand that I love, and I'll do some research on the brand to share with y'all. I'm also going to do at least one product review a month, which I've been loving doing lately! I would absolutely love if you chose the product, but if you would rather have me choose something random, I'd be happy to do whatever you want to see the most.

The last two months, I've been doing monthly beauty favorites. I did 5 in December, and I'm going to stick with that number. It's a nice, easy read blog post, there isn't too much text or too many pictures, it's the perfect amount of products without being too overwhelming or underwhelming. I felt like my November favorites with 10 products was a little too much, and that might be hard for me to keep up with as well. Along with the favorites theme, I really want to start doing a non-beauty favorites post monthly. This will include items that won't live in my bathroom. It could be anything from food to clothes to accessories, or just random things in life I've been loving like my favorite coffee! We shall see.

Now, I have a little announcement to make. I've been wanting to start vlogging for awhile, and every time I film a video I like, I end up being so frustrated that the quality is so poor. I film on my phone or laptop, and the videos look clear, until they end up on Youtube, and all you can see is bad lighting, and a weird angle from where my webcam/camera is located. So, since I got a few VISA gift cards for Christmas, I put those towards buying myself a camcorder and tripod. WOOO! Now, it's nothing fancy, and it isn't like the amazing $700+ cameras that most vloggers use, but it's definitely a step up, and I can't wait to give it a try. I just got it online the other day, so it should arrive within the next week or so. I'll do some experimenting and learning for the first week, and hopefully by the end of January you guys will get to see at least one video with it. I'm hoping it will be clear enough to film some makeup tutorials with you guys, and some favorites and brand lovin' videos to correspond with the blog posts. 

My hope is that once I get the hang of doing these monthly traditions, I'll have a set week and set day of the month that these posts arrive, so that you guys can really keep an eye out for them if you want to. I think the one thing I want to improve most this year on the blog is organization and consistency.

I couldn't be more excited about improving the blog and starting some new traditions and experiences with you guys! I can't wait to see where all this leads me in 2016. If you have any improvement suggestions, blog layout or design recommendations, or anything at all, please leave me a comment below or email me, there is nothing more that I love than your feedback!


Cheers to a great 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment