Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Ten winter essentials

Hello hello! How are you guys today? Today is my day off, and I used it to run some errands. I slipped on some of my favorite winter goodies and headed down to Uvill. I stopped in H&M to spend a gift card that I still had from Christmas, because they haven't had anything that caught my eye at our location yet. I picked up a couple neutral mock neck comfy tops, along with a crepe blouse in a out-of-my-comfort-zone color that I'm kind of loving, and a plaid scarf. It started pouring raining, and I got really cold. Then, I started thinking about why I love winter. The rain on my face, the crisp air all around me, and decided that some winter essentials were in order. Since it was too wet today to do my fashion post outside, I thought I could at least do something fashion related. So, here are the items I can't live without in the wintertime!


1. Insulated puffy jacket // If there was one thing I had to choose to survive winter with, it would be my black puffy jacket. I have been loving the long ones this season, because the extra warmth it adds to your booty is just lovely. It's all about keeping warm on those crisp and cold days, but the length and flattery of this style of jacket really catch my eye. I prefer black over any color because you can wear it with absolutely anything in your closet.

2. Mock neck long sleeve // One of my fashion essentials through fall and winter have been mock neck tops. Turtlenecks are constricting in my opinion and they freak me out! I love the look of fitted mock neck tops that have been slightly cropped. You can easily tuck them into higher-waisted jeans and they don't give the awkward lumping effects that longer shirts can sometimes cause. You can wear them with midi skirts too! I think the fit and style of these shirts is really flattering on everyone, and paired with a tight slicked back ponytail, they look really sleek.

3. Cozy winter mittens // I'm no glove-girl, I love me some mittens! I think they're so adorable, and they keep you from trying to mess on your phone. They keep your hands toasty, and since you can't move any of your fingers, it forces you to really just pay attention to the beauty on your winter walks. I love this burnt orange color because it transfers from fall to winter.

4. Plaid scarf // One of my favorite accessories for winter are scarves. I don't have many because I am wildly picky with scarves. In my opinion, the simpler, the better, but plaid ones always catch my eye. I prefer plaid with neutral colors, or red and black plaid, but the yellow in this one caught my eye and made it a little unique. They're great because you can pair them with any neutral top to make your outfit a little more interesting, and they keep your neck ultra warm!

5. Oversized turtleneck sweater // The only time I'll wear actual turtlenecks is in oversized sweater form, because they are loose fitting, and they just add warmth, not boa-constrictor tightness around your neck. It's such a simple thing to throw on with any look and stay ultra cozy throughout the day while running errands, or to wear lounging at home.

6. Chelsea boots // My go-to boots are always Chelsea boots! They go with any look, especially if you buy brown or black ones. I love wearing mine with cuffed jeans and little peek of colorful winter socks in between. I like to buy mine a half size up so that I can wear ultra thick winter socks underneath to keep my tootsies nice and warm!

7.  Crew socks // Crew socks are my favorite thing to wear with chelsea booties because you can add a fun peek at some crazy socks if you want. My favorite ones are the trouser socks from Madewell, they're reasonably priced, there is a giant range of colors and styles, and they are just the right thickness and warmth.

8. Dark lipstick // My looks tend to stay dark and neutral during the winter, with grey and black tops, and dark jeans, so I like to spice my looks up with my makeup whether it's deep eyes, dark blush, or bold lips. But, you guys know my go-to with makeup is always a bold lip! With grey and black, I love pairing a deep red lipstick (MAC Diva above). It adds dimension to your look, and really stands out.

9. Neutral beanie // For those super chilly days, sometimes wearing your hair down isn't enough to keep your ears warm. That's why I like to wear a grey beanie on those days where I need a little extra warmth. Having a beanie in a neutral color is great because you can wear it with literally anything, and you can pull off a cool grungey vibe.

10. Dark denim // I much prefer dark denim in the wintertime, because I prefer dark everything in the wintertime! I like to cuff my denim (none of it is ever long enough for my monkey limbs) and wear Chelsea booties just about every single day I leave the house. It's my go-to look. Dark denim can be dressed up or dressed down too, which is awesome.

To see these ten winter essentials interpreted from my personal closet, watch the video below!



I hope you guys are enjoying this cold and crisp winter weather! What are your go-to winter essentials? Do you stick to neutrals and darker colors during this season like I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment