Thursday, December 17, 2015

Holiday party look

8 more sleeps. Not that I'm counting or anything...

Now, I'm not one that goes to parties, or really ventures out of my house that much, honestly. BUT, I imagine this is the time when holiday parties are roaring. In case they are, I thought I'd put together a party look, including accessories and makeup, for you party animals to play around with, links and all. If I'm crazy and it's not holiday crazy party time, then here's some pretty clothes for you to look at anyways. And, to be honest, I really miss being able to shoot my own looks with my wardrobe, so here is my personal remedy...



PARTY TIME. EXCELLENT. (I hope someone catches this reference).

As you guys know, I love a bold shoe, and suede is by far my favorite fabric when it comes to heels. I don't even know why, I just think they look beautiful no matter the color of the shoe, and they tend to be much more comfortable in my opinion. It's also simple to find a fake suede shoe that doesn't look too cheap, whereas a fake leather shoe can be a little dicey. Maybe you guys remember me posting this look awhile back with the beautiful Madewell Mira flat. Well, the design for those flats stemmed from these Madewell Mira heels, which are to die for, especially in this beautiful wine color! Since this shoe is so bold, I wanted to keep the focus of the clothing really simple and classic.

During the fall and winter, I love the color black probably more than any other. There's something sultry about wearing black on black with a smoky eye or a red lip, that is just super enticing and mysterious. I saw Caitlyn of Southern Curls and Pearls (one of my favorite blogs) wearing opaque black tights with a black skirt, and I fell in love with how polished it looked. I really love this skirt from J. Crew Factory because it isn't just a plain black skirt. Close up, linked here, you can see some leaf shaped designs embedded in the skirt, and it is so beautiful. Paired with black opaque tights, the combo is stunning. Since the best holiday trends, in my opinion, stick black and white with a pop of color, I wanted a neutral top. I always find my neutral blouses at H&M because they are so reasonable. This cream crepe top is $9.99. The crepe material keeps the look polished and sleek! Now that the fashion part of the look is done, we can focus on accessories, hair and beauty.

You all know that I've never been a silver girl. I have two pairs of earrings that are silver, and that is the extent of it. Gold is my best friend. I don't know if it's my skin tone, my personal preference, or just how tempting it is any time I see something with a golden shimmer calling my name. In my opinion, gold looks good with absolutely everything, but especially pairs well with burgundy and red shades, so gold was of course my go-to for this look. When I saw this rose gold shimmer clutch from Aldo, my jaw dropped, and I knew it had to be part of this post. Even with a deep red heel as stunning as the Mira, this clutch automatically becomes the focus of the outfit. Since this clutch is so freaking beautiful, I wanted to keep the focus on it, and keep the jewelry nice and light. To pair with the gold, I added a pair of studded rose gold earrings from Sole Society (one of my favorite brands for jewelry).

To show off those cute little studs, I wanted to make sure the hair was pulled back. I really love the look of an unpolished low bun. There is something sophisticated, but effortless about it that draws me into any look. I've especially been loving it since I got my hair colored, it's like it has new dimension. With a hairdo like this, I love leaving out a few strands and lightly curling them, teasing the rest with texturizing spray or hairspray.

I'm sure you all expected a bold lip from me! There's nothing I love more than a lip that stands out from blocks away whether it be black, brown, mauve, burgundy, or deep purple, I LOVE 'EM ALL. I came across this NARS Palais Royal lip crayon through Allana Davison's youtube channel, and this color really caught my eye. The shade on NARS' website is described as 'Sangria'. I love that this is a satin finish pencil, instead of matte, and the quality of NARS lip products is said to be just out of this world. Let's also just talk about Allana for a second. If you guys haven't checked out her youtube channel, do it now! She is the cutest thing ever, has awesome videos, and is super fun to watch. I could watch her and Estee Lalonde every day all day just for life.

As far as face makeup goes, I wanted to keep the rest of the look natural and golden. To double as a contour and a blush, Benefit Dallas is a plum bronzer that is supposed to be just stunning as a contour on fair skin tones, and I want it. Bad. For a nice highlight, add MAC Soft & Gentle. This is such a beautiful, pigmented highlight that I can't get enough of! I actually dropped mine on the bus to Bellingham last week and broke it into a million pieces, and I couldn't be more upset about it. There's nothing that breaks your heart more than seeing 30 dollars of pure gold drop and shatter in front of your eyes. Okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic...

I think that the perfect eye for this look would be a golden, bronzed eye, so the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette caught my eye with it's range from highlight shades to deep shades. Another great option would be the new Naked 3 Palette from Urban Decay with rosy golden tones. To lengthen and separate lashes in a natural looking way, without clumping or too much volume, the Marcelle Xtension Plus Mascara (my personal favorite). 

I love the idea of this whole look, because it would catch everyone's eye if you walked into the doors of a party looking like this. Stunning gold, deep reds, and a natural looking face with a lip that will entrance everyone! There's something about holiday style in general that just makes me want to dress up all the time, and experiment with lots of different, bold looks. 

How are you getting ready for Holiday parties? What are your favorite holiday looks?

No comments:

Post a Comment